Aerologix Pty Ltd
Last reviewed: 02.05.2023
COUNTRY SPECIFIC TERMS:
1. Australian Privacy Terms
- a reference to ‘personal data shall also mean ‘personal information as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
- a reference to ‘sensitive information has the same meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); and
2. New Zealand Privacy Terms
If you are a user who has your Aerologix Platform account in (or the Services are performed in) New Zealand then this policy does not limit or exclude any rights that You have or may have under the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act). For further information on this Act, please see www.privacy.org.nz.
- Providing it is lawful and practical, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself, using a pseudonym, or not providing personal information when you enter into a transaction or deal with us. If you elect not to provide us with personal information then we may not be able to provide you with the information, products, services or support that you may want. For example, we need a name, address and payment details to do business with you.
2. Why do we collect personal information?
- We collect, hold and use personal information so we can market and provide products and services to our customers, verify your right and ability to legally operate drones, employ our staff, review job applications, and comply with our legal obligations.
3. What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information from our customers, employees, suppliers and other people who contact us. The actual information collected will depend on the reason we are in contact with you:
- name, date of birth, email/physical/shipping/billing addresses, telephone numbers, profile photo (using Google APIs and OAuth);
- civil aviation licensing information
- your devices’ internet protocol addresses, type, screen size, geolocation, referring domain and out link, search terms on our site, pages visited on our site and date and time of page accesses;
- information about the products and services that you purchase or consider purchasing from us;
- for our employees – date of birth, address, next of kin, telephone numbers, email addresses and tax file number; and
- in some cases, we may require you to supply us with a current police clearance and/or working with children clearance.
4. How do we collect and store your personal information?
- The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us. We also collect personal information in a number of other ways, including:
- through information submitted through our website and applications;
- through web analytics;
- through communications with you, including emails, voice calls, chat widgets and other support processes, and via social media;
- when you provide services to us and/or our customers; and
- when you order products and services from us.
- We may receive unsolicited personal information in the course of our business. We will deal with this information in accordance with this policy.
- We store personal information:
- in systems that we use in connection with our business, some of which may be owned and operated by our suppliers in Australia and abroad;
- in our hard copy files; and
- in the databases associated with our website.
- We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide products or services to you;
- legal obligations we may have to keep (or destroy) your data; and
- the legal advice we receive (such as in regard to litigation, regulatory investigations or applicable statutes of limitation).
- When your personal information is no longer required it is destroyed in a secure manner.
5. Information we don’t collect
6. What do we use your personal information for?
- We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- verify your eligibility to operate as a drone pilot in Australia under the Civil Aviation Safety Authority or as a drone pilot in New Zealand under the Civil Aviation Authority legislation and regulations;
- processing transactions for you and our customers;
- enabling you to provide services to your or our customers;
- operating our business, including disclosing information to our professional advisors, contractors, consultants and customers;
- delivering to you the products and services that you have ordered and provide you with customer service following these orders;
- conducting marketing and sales promotions;
- promoting our goods and services;
- improving the application and website experience of our customers and visitors; and
- employing our staff.
- We also use personal information for our own internal business purposes including:
- data analysis to improve our products and services, identifying usage trends so we can understand which of our products and services are of most interest to our customers, developing new products and services, determining the effectiveness of marketing campaigns so that we can adapt to the needs and interests of our customers;
- auditing our internal processes to ensure they function as intended and that we comply with regulatory requirements;
- fraud and security monitoring; and
- operating and expanding our business activities such as understanding which of our services are of most interest to our customers, so we can focus on our customers’ needs.
- We may de-identify data so that it ceases to be personal information as defined in the Act. That data may be aggregated or otherwise used in ways that ensure it remains de-identified.
7. Do we share your personal information?
- We do not share your personal information with third parties, except to the extent disclosed in this policy and either approved by you or required by law. We will provide you with links to third party privacy policies where appropriate.
8. Sending information outside Australia or New Zealand
- We may send and hold personal information outside Australia or New Zealand in the following circumstances:
- where our website, internal information technology systems, or any software as a service or hosting service we use to provide or support our services is hosted by us or a third party, and the hosting facilities and/or the backup/disaster recovery sites are located abroad;
- we are required to disclose information to other members of our corporate group for regulatory or legal reasons; or
- where a third-party application is being used in connection with our interactions with you, e.g. when we use email, help desk or VoIP providers, the third-party providers of the relevant application may have their applications hosted overseas.
- When we send personal information outside Australia for processing we will enter into formal contracts with those processors, which will contain privacy terms and conditions that allow us to meet our privacy obligations to you.
9. Cookies and Beacons
- When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies, beacons or similar technology, and place cookies (a small text file) on your computer or device where possible.
- allowing our website merchant processes to operate correctly and efficiently;
- display advertisements that are relevant to you;
- collect analytical data;
- allowing you to sign in faster, and keeping you signed in;
- saving items in your cart; and
- to track how the site is used.
10. Links to other websites and applications
- Our website may include links to other websites and applications that are not owned or operated by us. We are not responsible for the content of those websites, applications or tools, nor for any products, services or information contained in them or offered through them. You should review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of those websites, applications and tools when you visit them.
11. Your rights regarding your personal information
- You have the right to access the personal information that we hold and request that it be rectified or erased. If you want to access the personal information we hold or you believe any of your personal information that is held by us is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading or it is not necessary for us to continue to hold it, you can contact us, and we will either provide you with access to the personal information, or we will correct it, as applicable, within a reasonable period.
- We may not be able to delete all of your personal information, as taxation and governance laws require us to retain certain information.
- If we delete some or all of your personal information then we may be unable to provide you with products and services.
- You may unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time. We will not send you direct marketing without your consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link within each email.
- We will use our best efforts to respond to any complaint within 5 business days of the date of receipt. We will attempt to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
- If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your complaint you may contact the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details can be found at https://www.oaic.gov.au, or the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner, whose contact details can be found at https://www.privacy.org.nz/
13. Contacting us
- email at info@aerologix_admin
- using the contact web form on our website at https://aerologix.com/contact-us; or
- writing to:
6/27 Sydney Road,
Manly NSW 2096